Saturday, April 02, 2005

Day 2!

Day 2 was lovely St. Barts! Playground of the rich and famous - and the occasional cruise ship! From what I understand even El Diablo Senor Bill Gates keeps a home and yacht on this island.. I also heard several stories about shop keepers closing up for the day when they see the cruise ship pull in to the bay, so very friendly!



I didn't make it in to this island - for a couple of reasons...

1. no dock - this one was just a tender, which means that the ship just drops anchor in the bay and these little boats come alongside and pick you up and take you to shore.. not quite ready for THAT adventure! and

2. Mr. 9 2 Bay 2 9 2 10 had that look in his eye.. the one that says "I'm gonna see as much of this place as possible in the time alotted!" and did he ever! He met up with a Professor from a Japanese University "Sanoo" and the 2 of them did a power walk of 5 miles around the island - in 90 degree heat... By the time they got back they looked like they had been dumped in the ocean - pulled out - and wrung out till dry.. well almost dry!

So what did I do while they were off adventuring? Schooner Bar for what became known as "my breakfast"... Strawberry Daquiris... yummy!! It was a great mornin'... thanks to Delano my breakfast bartender from Costa Rica (I learned alot about his country)... I even participated in the "Geography Trivia Game" that was being held.. which was pretty funny considering I couldn't find my way around the ship... add 2 servings of "breakfast" before 11am.. and the fact that I was playing alone while the others were all playing in teams and of course the inevitable was bound to happen... I WON!!! Even with answers like "Tryptophan is the country to the east of France"... So what was the grand prize that I won you ask?? Well.. considering how much people spend to be on the ship you'd think the prizes would be awesome... you know value for value... so what did I win... a shiney Royal Caribbean PEN!!! That's right... a pen... I'll treasure it always!!


Later....

No comments: