Sunday, July 27, 2008

Evening visitor


Evening visitor
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

A little excitement round the house tonite. My son had just come home and was getting out of his car with a dozen Dunkin' Donuts. We saw him pull in and of course the Stupid Little Angry Dog started with her running and jumping at the front door. Never being one to try to calm the stupid beast, my husband got her further worked up by saying "It's Jeff.. JEFF is home..." and then opening the front door to let the dog do her job and run full bore at the kid as he was coming across the drive.

So he flung open the door and the dog took off down the stairs... stopped dead in her tracks at the bottom... took one look.. turned and promptly ran right back up the stairs...

The next few minutes consisted of my husband yelling "camera... camera... camera..." Me wondering what the heck he wanted the camera for... no.. apparently you can't yell "bear" when your looking at one standing not 20 feet from you... Me finally getting the camera and being horrified at what I was looking at and trying to calm my hand shaking as I tried to control the dog and work the shutter... the stupid dog barking her head off... the kid slowly putting the donuts back in the car and getting in as well... and the bear... the bear just calmly ate the little bit of suet that was left in the feeder and then slowly walking off into the woods.

SHEESH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! One more reason why I like my 'city living'!!!!!!!!!! Please be very careful.