Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Write or wrong... Technical Difficulties... and other crap...

So... I got a request for a text entry on the blog... hrmph... but posting a quick picture here or there is so.. well.. freakin' easy... now I have to like... THINK... so, I decided on a quick update multi-topic post...

What's doin'?

Technical Difficulties... yeah... I suffered a horrific mother board disaster last week. Those really bad thunderstorms did a number on my computer. Yes, it was plugged into a power strip, but the electrical jolts were just coming so quickly that the first jolt took out the power strip and before I could get to the computer to shut it down, we took a second jolt which effectively blew out my power supply and the mother board... it was a learning experience tho.. I had 2 hard drives in that computer, one main drive and a second that I would back up all my somewhat important stuff to.. you know.. like my accounting books.. just piddly stuff like that... so what's the lesson... if your mother board goes your not gonna get access to EITHER drive... so it was musical computers for me all weekend long... a purchase of a new box... and I'm still not back to normal...

Ware Farmers' Market... Official Committee Member here... I read a write up in the paper about a group that was trying to get a Farmers' Market started in town, thought it was a great idea, and volunteered my services... So here... check out the website www.warefarmersmarket.org. I've also done some business cards for them.. next will be the t-shirt design... It should be a great thing for the local economy.. the local farmer and artisans... so come on out.. The opening date is August 26th at Grenville Park in Ware from 7:30am to 1:30pm... We won't get into the beaurocratic CRAP that was flung around in trying to get this endeavor off the ground... (I AM SO NOT CLEANING TOILETS AT THE FREAKIN' PARK...)and just say that we have gotten clearance from the local Town Councils that needed to give their blessings... now if we can just scrape the dirt off our knee's things will be just peachy! We'll just file this stuff in the "No good deed goes unpunished" file...

Other Crap...

Cingular is still spotty with their signal... so if you can't get thru, don't worry, I'll get back to you... The day after my last "I've got no signal" call to them, where they told me (in my 1 hour and 45 minute marathon call!) that they were changing the towers and I may not get a signal anymore, I promptly got a signal... *sigh... Digital HELL, I tell you!

Saw a pic of Korey's girlfriend Roberta... (Hi Roberta!) She's freakin' gorgeous... Korey... same Korey as always... ;)

Got an email from Deb... yeah yeah yeah... here's your freakin' text post... Happy now?? the Farmers' Market t-shirts are gonna suck cause now I'm gonna have to rush... ;) SHEESH.. LOL

Sandra... we definitely have to get together again... I may be looking at some vacay time the last week in August... Mike as well... somewhere in there perhaps?

The Man_Jeff.... CALL YOUR MOTHER YOU ROTTEN KID! ;) Oh.. and love ya!

Sasha... how's the rodents? Almost time for another ferret photo shoot!

Jaydo-potato spray starch... got your message... was off and running... we skipped the Flexo picnic due to the above crap and both spent the day working... yeah.. just freakin' TONS o' fun... not a total loss tho... Big Bro called and asked if he could take our meal tickets so they wouldn't go to waste... it must have been some spread for him to use some of his cell phone minutes to ask for our tix... it's all a game of checks and balances I guess... cell phone minutes?? extra lobster??? Guess the lobster won.. or is that lost? LOL

*sigh.. ok... so that's about it I guess... good nuf? Man... those t-shirts are REALLY gonna suck...

Later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom!!!

Rodents are good. Been a rough week puppy got sick work same ol same ol hopefully we will get time to come up soon. Have to work Sunday this week. Ferrets could use an outing since the puppy wants to eat them lol.

Anonymous said...

Yes! It is nice to 'hear' from you aside from all the great pics. But damn! Sorry to hear about your computer! I usually try to unplug EVERYTHING, right down to the cable, during a storm.

The farmers market website is beautiful, nice job. I expected no less! (Ah the cherry tomatoes, one of my favs!) I see they will have photos, thinking of setting up a booth??

It would be GREAT to have you and hubby stop by for a visit! I'll keep the cosmos on ice until you get here. Summer is slipping by girl!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I made the blog! Thanks for the wonderful compliment - you made my day. Roberta