Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Jenny gets a nuvi voice.

So, as a length of service award, my husband got a Garmin nuvi... (cue the "gotta gotta get a Garmin" promo music... there's a moose again!)... Well, seeing as how he already has a gps I ended up with it. All I can say is "Loving it!"... So now Jenny has a voice. A lovely female voice that attempts to keep me on the road to where ever it is that I'm headed. She is perhaps the perfect co-pilot, patiently telling me where to go and when to go and so forth. So far though, by far the most frequent thing I've heard her say is "recalculating" when I purposely diverge from her intended route. She will patiently tell me again.. and again... to turn left and when I don't she simply says "recalculating" and gives me a new route. Sometimes I think though that she would be ever so much more fun if she sounded more like Jack Nicholson when I ignore her... You know... let loose with a couple of "WTF you completely aren't LISTENING to me... that's it... I'll give you a new route... go straight to hell you freakin' idiot... cause you know what.. you can't handle the HIGHWAY!"

No comments: