Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Little Help...

Dear Readers,

Glad to see you all here. I've got a question for you. I have a craft fair coming up and I'd like your opinions. You all get a segment of my photo's here and I was wondering if you had any favorites that you think would do well as greeting cards, prints or even jewelry. Should I offer framed prints? or Prints at all? What about posters? As for jewelry, I'm thinking of doing some lapel pins (they are resin coated so they will look almost like they are embedded in glass). Which of my pics would you wear on your chest? Any? None? What size prints do you think? What about framed 4x6 or 5x8? or should I just offer "naked prints"? or maybe just matted prints ready for framing?

Maybe it depends on what kind of craft fair. This is to benefit the Children's Miracle Network - being held May 19th - in the parking lot of the Westfield, Mass Wal-Mart parking lot. I've taken 2 parking spaces, so I do have a good deal of room. Anyone have any display ideas? I need to be sure that it's wind-proof. I have a standard rotating card rack and several tables and a pop-up tent. But I could use some really good "eye-catching - get your butt over here" ideas.

Any help would be appreciated. What would you like to see?

Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have so many nice photos it would be really hard to pick. I wouldn't wear a lapel pin but I would buy necklaces and or bracelets. As for picture size, I think the bigger the better and matted ready for framing. Or better yet, already in a nice frame (nothing cheap).

Laura Merwin said...

:) Thanks so much. Every opinion helps! I've at least lucked out, I was not going to be able to do the Ware Farmers' Market this year due to the Wally World job taking up my Saturdays, but our wonderful Market Manager, Melissa, just offered to sell my cards at her baked goods table for me. YAY! At least now I don't have to worry so much about what to do with any overstock that may be left over from this Craft Fair!

Mary E.Carey said...

I like the photos of your dog -- especially the ones of him running through the snow. Maybe you could sell online a card-sized reproduction of one of those photos on a t-shirt.