Thursday, September 04, 2008

The light


The light
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

I just spent a lovely 3 day weekend at the cape. Riding from beach to beach to beach with the top down and the wind in my hair.

It was awesome.

Now I'm crispy fried and there isn't enough conditioner in the state of Massachusetts that's gonna let me get a brush through my hair.

Oh, and we hit a bunch of lighthouses as well. We even climbed this one. It was great, but I'd recommend walking shorts instead of a sun dress. The updraft is spectacular.

This is the light of Highland Lighthouse in North Truro.

The light is only a 110 bulb. I want to know why we don't have house lamps with this type of Fresnel lens. I've got four 75 watt bulbs up in my living room ceiling fan and it's still dark in here. Give me a lamp with a 30 watt bulb and one of these lenses and it would be all good. Good for reading on the sofa, and good for saving some major energy.

No comments: