Thursday, April 24, 2008

muzzled


| | | | m | u | z | z | l | e | d | | | |
Originally uploaded by BayRoadPhoto/Laura

I really like this shot of the Wallaby I took at the zoo the other day. I call it "Muzzled" which frankly I would have liked to have done to Mom yesterday. I picked her up in Jenny (with the top down) and took her up to the Dairy Queen for ice cream for her birthday. After slathering herself with sunscreen that had an SPF rating of like 345, we headed up town for the 5 minute ride to the DQ. Amazingly she didn't make a single comment about how she shouldn't be eating ice cream and she even requested whipped cream on her Sundae. Nope, instead, as we were standing in line making our flavor decisions she regaled me with stories about her colonoscopy and how she can't have nuts or seeds anymore. Somehow my Peanut Buster Parfait with it's plethora of Spanish Peanuts just didn't seem the same. It wasn't as bad as you think though, probably because I had heard the colonoscopy story before, you know, when I was standing in line for the buffet at big brother's 50th birthday party.

I tell you, who needs Jenny Craig when you can just have dinner with Mom.

No comments: